Wheel Gator is one of the eight main Maverick bosses from Mega Man X2. A former Maverick Hunter with the 6th Naval Unit, he worked alongside Bubble Crab on many operations, but the two regarded each other with animosity and clashed often. Between the two, Wheel Gator was the more brash and reckless, demonstrating a fondness for violence. After attacking a fellow Hunter, he was discharged from the Hunters in disgrace and later hunted himself after falling in with the Maverick uprising. He was given command of a massive war machine - the Dinosaur Tank - and used it to demolish entire cities until his rampage was brought to an end by X.
- Spin Wheel - Wheel Gator's primary weapon, fired from his shoulders. These bladed wheels will roll across terrain and grind through almost anything in their path. X can copy this weapon.
- Surprise Attack - Wheel Gator's boss-room is filled with an oily sludge that he will occasionally submerge himself in then sneak below his enemy, leaping out and seizing the enemy in this powerful jaws.
- Jaw Buster - Wheel Gator can fire buster pellets from his mouth.
- Corkscrew Drive - Wheel Gator performs a vertical attack, spinning like a drill towards his enemy. This attack deals harsh damage if it hits and will also tear into the walls of the boss-room, making it dangerous for wall-climbing Reploids like X to scale them.
- Strike Chain - Gator's armour is vulnerable to piercing strikes, making him weak against such weapons as Wire Sponge's chains.
- Magnet Mine - The magnetic force of the Magnet Mine can interfere with the Spin Wheel's rotation, causing Wheel Gator to put extra strain on himself when using them.
- Bubble Splash - Even though Bubble Crab is weak against Gator's signature weapon, Gator isn't completely invulnerable to Crab's weapon, either.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.